Later we watched Marley & Me. So good but so sad. Sweet Elyse made homemade spaghetti and meatballs and we had our first family meal of the semester! The first one with all FOUR of us! And we had a guest. It was perfect. We laughed, a lot. Lindsay was slap-happy from working 10 hours from home. But I’m glad that this real-world girl allowed her 20 minute break to be our family dinner. Tonight I spent hours in conversation with people I love. What a gift. Seriously. I love that I can be real with them, and them with me. I love that distance hasn’t been an issue in our friendship and that even though we are hundreds of miles apart, we are still intentional with each other. Today, in this ice box, the Lord has given me an unexpected gift. He has reminded me of so many people who matter, so many people who love me well, so many people who make my life special.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
ice box
I literally live in an ice box. Everything is covered in ice—the roads, the cars, the trees, everything. I am convinced this is what Antarctica must look like. I’ve obvi never been, this is what I imagine it to be like. Everything frozen and covered in white with ice pellets falling from the sky. Butler cancelled classes for today yesterday afternoon so of course the paper that was due today is not yet written and the exam I was supposed to have today I have yet to study for. But that’s ok. It’s a snow day. Well, an ice day actually. I’ve never been stuck in my house like this before. I’ve never had a snow day where I honestly couldn’t go anywhere—remember…our cars are frozen shut. So I’m stuck here. We’re stuck here. And it’s been fun, all of us being here. We haven’t lost power yet (thankfully!) so I made pancakes this morning and we watched a lot of Bravo re-runs. I managed to walk to the HRC to get in my run. My roommate offered me her ice skates to get there. Haha yes, it is that bad here. But I’m finally starting to get serious about this training. Finally. While I was running I learned that Butler already cancelled classes for tomorrow. Yes, the university is closed TWO days in a row! Crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment