Monday, February 14, 2011
adventure
GIVE YOURSELF FULLY TO THE ADVENTURE OF TODAY (Sarah Young, Jesus Calling). It was the opening line of my devo this morning and it really struck me. Like there are a million little things that Jesus wants to show me today and I want to see them! I want to view today as an adventure. Every day really. I don't want to only see and experience the mundane, routine life I often seem to live. I was struck by the simplicity of the statement, yet, I find it very profound. Have I seized the opportunity for adventure? Am I living life to the full? By whose standards, God’s or mine? Have I taken a chance or a risk? Have I allowed myself to just be? All of these are part of the adventure. These are all things, opportunities, Jesus gives us daily. Helen Keller said, “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” I want to be an adventurer. An adventurer for Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment